Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ten Days Down, Ten Months To Go

I can't believe I've only been here for 11 days now. Seems like it's been much longer. I've settled in fairly quickly, and I feel pretty comfortable getting around places and finding things on my own. I didn't even feel any jet-lag at all (getting lots of sunlight in the morning really works)! I've seen quite a few things and met many people in the past several days. It makes me wonder how much more there is to come in the next 10 months.

Although, I have to admit, I don't feel like I've gotten much done in terms of work yet. I only have a vague idea what I might want to research. I still need to meet with more people, read more papers, and figure out what might be a good project to work on with the limited amount of time that I have. I hope that I'll find something exciting, and that I'll have a productive year.

By the way, today (15th of August) is India's Independence Day. So, Happy Independence Day, India!!

In a completely unrelated news (or maybe it is related to adjusting to life in India), this morning I had my first formed stool since coming to India. TMI? I know, but it's a great news for me so I had to share it. :P There're always many things to thank God for.

No comments:

Post a Comment