Saturday, August 07, 2010

Glasses

Somehow I've had the worst luck with glasses in the past few weeks... (actually I should say worst luck in general, considering my horrible travel experience and the incident at the Potomac River).

Last month I lost my pair of glasses (along with my camera) in the Potomac while kayaking, so my mom sent me one of my older pairs with weaker prescription while I was in Oklahoma.

Yesterday after getting out of the swimming pool, my glasses slipped out of my bag onto the floor (only about 2ft below), and one of the arms snapped off. I have no idea how that could happen, but it did.

So after meeting with our PI Dr. Gagandeep Kang this morning, I went to the CMC Eye Hospital, got an eye exam, and ordered a new pair of glasses. It should be ready by Monday. Until then I'll have to wear my broken glasses without one of its arms.

I was actually planning to get a new pair of glasses in India, and now that my backup pair is broken, I was able to get a new pair urgently. So perhaps the glasses braking was a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment