Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Manual Labor, Hyperhidrosis, and Broken Bed

Monday, June 30, 2008

Today ws the last day of work for Tim's team. They will be leaving around noon tomorrow. Carly, Anna, and Jen decided to work with Gordon at the new seminary construction site, so I joined them for the day. We transported three truck loads of paint, roofing materials, tiles, and lots of other heavy stuff. During the day, we were joined by Neil, a construction consultant from Washington DC. He just arrived today, and he'll be working here for 2 months working with Gordon.

Gordon is one of the long-term missionaries here, and he works for the construction project. I had always heard that he changes his shirt several times a day because he sweats so much, so it was fun to see him actually go through 5, 6, or 7 t-shirts today. Jen claims to have hyperhidrosis (i.e. she sweats a lot, too), so she went through couple shirts during the day as well. I also sweat a lot today, but I just wore scrubs, and let myself dry on the back of the truck as we went back and forth from the old compound to the construction site. I wish I could just wear scrubs everyday for the rest of my life. It makes life so much simpler. Anyhow it was a good work out.

After dinner we played a few games (hand tapping game, dutch blitz), and hung out in Laura's room. There were 10 of us running around her room posing for pictures (thanks to self-timing multiple shutter), and at one point we all got on her bed and accidentally broke it. Fun times. I'm really going to miss them all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment