Sunday, June 15, 2008

In the Air

Sunday, June 15, 2:30AM (EDT, Miami)

I'm writing this on my way to Miami, hoping that I could post it just before I have to board the plane... but we're scheduled to land only 5 minutes before the boarding time of my next flight, and the plane leaves an hour after that, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Anyhow, once I'm in Haiti, I may not have much chance to blog or send out newsletters as much as I hope to since apparently the internet access is very limited there. I guess I'll have to go and find out.

It's a strange feeling to be going back to Haiti. Going the first time was really exciting because I didn't know what to expect, but this time I keep thinking about my previous trip, what it was like, and what I learned. Random Creole phrases keep popping into my mind. I hope I'll get to use a lot of Creole again. Hmm, the dialect is probably different since it's northern Haiti this time. I'll have to adjust to that.

I should get some rest. I arrive at Port-au-Prince at 7:55AM Haiti time, then I take another flight to Cap-Haïtien. I have long day ahead of me. I'm stoked.

I want to sleep, but my seat is broken such that it doesn't recline back... ahh, my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment