Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sunday / Looking For A New Church

Last Sunday, after taking lunch at OkHab Church, I attended the EM service at Natchimban Church, where my brother is a Sunday School youth pastor. My brother had just come back from a mission trip to Thailand, so he was wearing a suit, and I was in my normal Sunday clothes (which is usually just normal clothes). My brother introduced me to some of the church members, and some of them went down like this:

To a little girl:
Sundo: Hey, this is my brother.
Me: Hi.
Little girl: Hey, no offense, but you guys don't look alike at all.
Sundo: ...
Me: Um... thanks.
Then to an older adult:
Sundo: Hi, this is my brother.
Me: Hello.
Church member: Oh, I see. [to Sundo] He's more good looking then you are. [completely serious. walks away]
Sundo: ...

Anyhow, the service was pretty good. Though I already serve at OkHab Church, I should keep going to a service where I can focus on worshipping God. I personally don't mind going back to my old church where my dad used to serve ("don't mind" is an understatement, 'cause I definitely miss my friends there), but I suppose I should take this chance to explore other churches. All my life I've been going to my dad's church, which I don't have a problem with, but it wouldn't hurt to see new things.

To be honest though, I don't want to join another Korean church. Not that I don't like Koreans, but it's that I've grown up in a more diverse environment, and I would get along better with people where there aren't just Koreans around.

So I think I'll look for a (non-Korean) church that I can attend on Sundays after 1PM. Would anyone like to recommend one? It would have to be somewhere near where 91 and 5 freeways meet (Buena Park, Cypress, Anaheim, Fullerton, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment