Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Goodbye USA

Here I am, gate 121 at LAX one hour before departure.

On my way here, I realized I forgot to print out the e-ticket receipt, so I was a little concerned. But thankfully, I checked in online on my way there (yes, on the road, thanks to my Bluetooth enabled Verizon phone). So I didn't need my e-ticket receipt. I didn't even have to stand in line for check-in. But I did, because I didn't know. I had to shuffle some stuff between my two check-in-luggage, because one of them was 17 lb overweight. But that's all taken care of. I said good-bye to my family and some church people that came to see me. I have to carry on a guitar with my backpack... The guitar is pretty heavy, but I hope they don't make me check it in.

It's amazing how God has provided everything I needed for this trip. Although, I don't really know what I'll be doing there, so I don't even know what I really need to bring. But I trust God that He will provide whatever I need over there. To be honest, I'm a bit scared. Mainly because I have no idea what to expect. But again, I need to rely on God.

If you're reading this, I would love to hear from you! I'm pretty sure I'll have internet access while in Kenya, though I have no idea how often. So shoot me some e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment