Thursday, December 29, 2005

May He Rest In Peace

Jason Lee, a deacon from my church, passed away from cancer on the evening of Wednesday, December 28, 2005.

Only three weeks ago, when he was in Iraq serving the US military as an intelligence officer, the pain started. He was transferred to a hospital in Germany where he was diagnosed of pancreatic cancer. However the tumor had already spread too far, and the doctors could not do anything to save him. Then he was transferred to a hospital in southern California, but again the doctors could not help him. He was told that he may live for two more weeks, up to a year. Two nights ago, he was moved into his home. I visited him yesterday, but I could hardly recognize him. He had already lost much of his body mass, and his cheeks caved in. I could not believe my eyes... Three weeks... There were many of his relatives and friends. My father, who is the pastor of the church, lead in prayer and worship. We prayed earnestly for miracle. Just as God granted 15 years to King Hezekiah at the point of his death, we prayed that God will do miracles for Jason, too.

December 28, 2005, was Jason’s 48th birthday. God put an end to his suffering and gave him eternal peace and rest. May the LORD God, the Creator of the universe, the Giver of life and death, the Righteous and the Just, be glorified forever and ever. Amen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philippians
by SLO Crusade - Waking

By death or by life

I will give myself as a sacrifice
To live on in flesh is fruit from labor
To be with Christ is far far better, is far far better

In nothing at all shall I be ashamed
To live is Christ
To die is gain

In nothing at all shall I be ashamed
With all boldness I’ll spread your name
May your name be magnified
In my body glorified, glorified, glorified

I bring to you everything I am, everything I have in you
All else I count as loss, All I give is worth the cost

No comments:

Post a Comment